terça-feira, 31 de janeiro de 2017




I see you in broad day light, an impossible moon,
and in my night a sun, unreachable.
So I refuse to love you .

In my mirror I see you, the silhouette of a tattered sadness
that my eyes hold captive.
And on my scattered papers I see you,
the traces of tears I have yet to shed.
And I refuse to love you.

I see you as a prohibited dream,
that combs my innocent hair into sinful braids,
and when I awaken,
your luminous kisses drip
on my pillow
one star after another
to put out my shyness.
And I refuse to love you.

Because I love you
I refuse to love you.

Because my thirst for you is fire
and because my heart does not deserve
the fate of a crazed moth.

Because I love, my sir,
and because you love me,
let your pride refuse my ashes


| Joumana Haddad |



Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário