segunda-feira, 31 de julho de 2023

............what is without name and form


by, Nisargadatta Maharaj


The comment, "Bullshit", inspired a little commentary...
"I Am" is perhaps the closest we can get with words to expressing our true nature.
The simple phrase "I Am" brings to attention the non-differentiated, unconditional, 'Beingness'...
... calling the mind - the attention - back from "I am this", or "I am that", returning to awareness, to what is without name and form, without becoming and without passing.
'Remembering', 'meditating', practising this awareness, the mind dissolves, revealing the wordless "I Am" - the underlying, continuous, spontaneous experience, prior to identification.
This "I Am"ness - does not become 'certainty' or 'knowledge' in the usual sense.
It can never be 'information, belonging to someone'.
This 'suchness' (called 'Tathata' by the Buddhists) simply becomes revealed as the flavour of Life. ... Not 'an' experience, but the living field of Experience, inexplicably cradled in the eternal womb of Silence.

Peter Littlejohn Cook








Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário