segunda-feira, 20 de junho de 2011

A DREAM THAT WILL EVER LAST







He is fragrant; vague like mists upon the summer

morn, drifting forlorn in the limitless vision of
my mind. And I can see him there amidst the
dappled haze of light across the room, half lit
in demure rays.


He is the haven of my dreams; the sense of other-ness

that keeps me watchful, ever caring to his tenderness,
as I wrap his spirit close and enfold myself through
his transient arms.


For I am the captured, and he the captive, keeping

me recluse to the world through the rotting
timbered windows, where lands untouched
lay stagnant from the door, and my eyes beckon only
for the taste of this vision.


For we have lived for centuries in this house,

with its mice and ghosts, and the happy
deathly sigh of other times. Where dreams
weave their fingers through the eaves and dolls
sit fading in their fraying hems.


We are the outsiders, the ones that time could

not diminish. Lost in other worlds with books
and poets, endlessly given to the shades
of other lives, other times.


Where the wind howls across its desolate

glen, through the trees, the thin wispy
hands of branches. Through the eyes of
faded paintings, the ageing tapestries,
the sepia walls, and through his eyes -


that take me to another place, and greet

each day and night like breath to my soul,
as I sit and watch the moments unfold, uncurl
and touch the essence of this other world.


For his are the eyes of God’s own power.

The spell of times fragrant past. The promise
of my hearts desire. A dream, a wish, that will
ever last.


Duncan Campbell Scott




Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário