segunda-feira, 13 de setembro de 2021

The Veil






Grisly veil dare not censure me from sight
Nor, my bare face, my nakedness expose;
Sun-like I transcend the darkness and shine.
No blackness, however dense,
Can forge the mask of confinement.
Isn't your flawed morality, Believer,
To banish me thus behind the veil.
You devout Visitor
from the cities of pious way,

A speck of doubt ought lead you thus astray?
Let no warped preacher, advocate,
Bend my proud head, so low,
To where your footsteps mislead.
I see no fairness in such wisdom:
For others' moral frailty,
I must reside in hell.
Conjuror of morality!
Why conjure up such devious device;
To conceal from sight my unblemished face,
Design instead, an opaque veil to hide
from innocent views your impure gaze.


Bahar Saeed




Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário