terça-feira, 14 de novembro de 2017

Won Exit





In one or two lives
I opened the door with the prize
only to find the prize was not worth the life.

I wanted the door.

Brave mahogany door, you be my fortune.
Teach me to understand the jungle cry
in your grain, the suffering circles

by which your tree wisdom is known.

I was superior with handles,
gentle with thresholds. Then, this.

Choices at morning hours I usually skip
but there is a little cash flow of beauty
where there is almost no more water.

And there is not room and light enough
to stand behind the second
and listen anymore -

I am going through the language of me now.

I am flipping open the dictionary of myself
with my tongue, as if that were possible,
to find your first word.

In the torture of a foyer
doorless for entering, I am entering none.


Elizabeth Metzger






Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário